- You must pre-qualify to enter this event.
- You must be 18 years of age and be able to provide documentation.
- You must be able to obtain a US or other valid Passport.
- You must be employed at a pizzeria, or have pizza on your menu at the time of competition.
- Competitor must bring own pre made dough, sauce, cheese and toppings for (2), 14-inch round pizzas 1 point will be deducted for non-round pizza or improper size). On site refrigeration will be provided. (Contestants will have access to dough making equipment if necessary.
- Oven testing will start approximately 40 minutes prior to first competition right after orientation meeting with contestants at 10 a.m. at the competition area. Bring extra ingredients if you want to test the ovens.
- Dough trays and peels will be provided; competitor should bring any other needed tools.
- The choice of pizza ingredients is strictly up to the discretion of the competitors. There is no requirement that this pizza is on any existing menu but part of the judging criteria is that it be commercially viable. Bring your best pie.
- You must prepare and cook pizza in competition area.
- Competitors will make 2 pizzas. They will decide which of the two will go to judges. The second will be given to audience for sampling.
- Contestants must be at pre-competition briefing.
- Competitors must agree to judge criteria prior to competition. At the pre-competition briefing contestants must sign publicity waivers and rule agreement waiver.
- All contestants will be assigned numbers and a drawing will determine order. Judges will be sequestered before drawing takes place.
- This is a double blind taste test and numbers will be assigned to pizza in the order in which they are made.
- All contestants must write and print a description of their pizza and provide recipe of ingredients and cooking instructions. This will be used during the judging of each pizza.
- Contestants will remove finished pizza from oven and place either on a wooden peel or provided tray with nothing else. At this time PMQ will take photos of chef with pizza, then the pizza will be taken to an area to have photos taken of the pizza itself.
- The pizza will then be taken by a runner to the judging area. Here the description and/or recipe/ingredients of the pizza will be read to judges. The head judge will cut the pizza and allow each judge to choose a slice (piece). The judges will grade the pizza, then the score sheets picked up, tallied, and held by head judge. The tables will then be cleared.
- Contestants will give permission for PMQ to use photos and statements in any future media without obligation.